DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

February 13, 2011

Crochet Inspiration + Valentine's Getaway = Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef!

Hey everyone!

In light of Valentine's Day, Cory swept me away for a mini-getaway. We spent Friday afternoon touring the National Aquarium in Baltimore (I had never been), we enjoyed a delicious meal downtown at Brewer's Art, and finished our evening at the Owl Bar at the historic Belvedere hotel (where F.Scott Fitzgerald wrote man classics. ie: Gatsby!). Cory had booked us a room in my favorite hotel in the area, the Doubletree. It's my favorite for two distinct reasons. Reason 1: The beds are huge clouds. They are so light and fluffy, I just love them. Reason 2: It's pretty much on John Hopkins' campus. This is cool because there are loads of things to do within walking distance and the lacrosse field is right across the street.

The second part of our getaway was going to see the Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef at the Natural History Museum in D.C.. (We went to the Baltimore Aquarium so I would have something "real life" to compare the crocheted reef!) That is where our Crochet Inspiration comes from today! It was absolutely incredible. So many textiles, so many colors, so many crazy shapes which left me feeling endlessly inspired. It was so magical! I really hope you enjoy this little tour I share with you. The color combinations and sheer size of all these hyperbolic creatures really amazes me!

So now, I will share with you loads of photos of this magical fiber concept:



































You can join the Smithsonian Community Coral Reef group here!

Are you looking for more crochet inspiration? Check out our other posts here, here, & here!

xo,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing getaway. I'd love the chance to see the crochet reef up close.

    ReplyDelete