DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

March 4, 2012

Weekend Review


It feels so good to be blogging again; it's like hanging out with an old friend. I'm completely rejuvenated by my new look and am ready to blog all spring and summer long! Other than getting back in the blogging groove, this weekend has been really great.

Friday evening I wanted to be as productive as possible to allow for more flexibility later in the weekend. With that being said, Cory and I immediately hit up Good Will to drop off bags upon bags of donations, then did our weekly grocery shopping trip. We decided to get take-out pizza from our favorite pizza place and enjoy it over a bottle of red wine. It was a nice, quiet way to end the week.

Yesterday, I had most of the morning and afternoon to myself as Cory was hosting a Yearbook workshop at his school. I got back into the blogging groove and anticipated my new look (butterflies, I tell ya)! I decided to take a quick jaunt to Smoothie King for lunch and daydreamed about spring as it was a nice 62 degrees outside.

Cory and I wrapped up our evening by taking a trip to Michael's so I could pick up some cotton yarn to work with for a few upcoming items I want to add to the shop. We made a quick stop at Barnes and Noble so I could pick up a new crochet magazine and so Cory could check out a recently published book. We then got sushi take-out and came home with plenty of time and energy to build a fort in the living room and watch a few episodes of Downton Abbey. It was some of the best quality time we've had together in a long time. 

This morning I woke up to Warren Zevon and Bob Dylan playing on the record player and Cory cooking breakfast in the kitchen. What a dream. We ate breakfast in our fort and continued to play records on the turntable. It was a nice, long morning.

Nice, quiet weekends were you eat every meal at home (even if it's not from home) are the best, no?

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment