DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

January 4, 2012

Sick Day.

 
(photo by Saphrin Pediford

I'm home from work today, stranded to my couch until Cory gets home. 

Last night, I went straight to bed when I got home from work, piddled around on Twitter and Youtube until I fell asleep around 10 p.m. I didn't have much of a voice when I fell asleep, and much to my dismay, I seriously didn't have a voice when I woke up this morning. Fortunately, I'm starting to feel less congested and nauseated, but not having a voice is not a winning situation for a teacher.

So today I'm keeping it quiet. I'm not even going to talk to my cats... or myself. I kid, I kid. Seriously, though. It's all about hot tea, warm soup, and brownies today. 
 
Even though I'm laid up today, I'm finding myself finally starting to feel refreshed with the new year. I'm excited to start tackling my goal lists this weekend (hopefully I'll be better by then). I'm finding myself thinking about ways I can be craftier with materials and ingredients that I already have in stock. That's sorta fun, right? Using what you already have to eliminate buying/consuming more? To be honest, it's finally feeling like January in Maryland. December was full of 50 and 60 degrees days... we're lucky to have that at the beginning of November, let alone December! I'm sorta sick of warm weather. I want it to get really cold and snowy so I'm more excited and ready for winter. I like seasons! I want seasons!

Ok. I'm officially off my seasonal soapbox. Have a happy Wednesday.

xo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment