DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

January 2, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011... a little late...

Whew. This winter break is definitely one for the record books. Cory and I usually like to take winter break nice and slow with visits from friends and long walks through our little town. This year, however, we decided to amp it up a bit and be everywhere except for our little town.

Since we travel so much around the holidays, Cory and I decided to start a new tradition: opening the gifts for one another alone in our own home before leaving for my mother's house. I think we both enjoyed the peace and quiet of sharing a new tradition in our new home!



My favorite part of the gifts that Cory gave me this year was how personal they felt. I have been wanting/needing a new tea kettle for quite some time, so I was so excited to see that. He also gifted me adorable finger puppets of F. Scott Fitzgerald, Edgar Allen Poe, and Ernest Hemingway. What made the finger puppets so funny was when he said, "When I bought them I could seriously see you using them in class while you were reading aloud with your students." Um.. you're exactly right, mister! I would totally do something like that!


I was so shocked & excited to see that I got the new Instax mini! We have the wide instax and totally love it, but having this little guy in my purse on a daily basis is going to be a LOT of fun!

Within my stack of books were lots of cool recipe collections from all over the world. I have been getting more and more into cooking ever since we've been in our new home, so the new recipe book that I can personalize (on the far right) is totally perfect for me. I'm excited to specialize my own recipes and add them to the book. My grandmother kept her own recipe book of family favorites, so the gift was pretty perfect to me.

The thick yellow book at the top of the stack (^^) is an incredibly soft yellow leather notebook that Cory found from Anthropologie. I've been keeping it in my purse ever since I opened it and right now, it's filling up with blog ideas and 2012 goals (more on that later). 

All in all, I'm glad that Cory and I decided to keep our gift exchanges personal and quiet. I'll be back in a little with what I gifted to him, just in case you're already scheming about Valentine's Day ;). 

What was your favorite gift this season?

xo,
Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment