DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 26, 2011

Best of 2011 Mix

One of my favorite holiday traditions that Cory and I started a few years ago was going to Reston, VA for a day or two to visit our dear friends, Rich and Beth. You know them from our wedding, from their wedding, and from our annual Auburn University road trips, too. 

Since we're all teachers, the holidays usually push our budget a little tight, so we started a tradition where instead of exchanging gifts, we would make a playlist of the best songs of the year. This is the 3rd year in a row we've done this challenge and so far, I think it will be the best. Last year was really rough for me, because I never really found any songs that hit home for me. So, when it came to making our mix, Cory completed an excellent mix, and I decided to go with what drove me crazy all year long: the worst songs. The end result was "The Worst Songs of 2010" which included a lot of Katy Perry and Ke$ha. This year I'm trying a little harder and I think they'll like it! I have pretty strange music taste, so I'm sure you'll think to yourself, "these songs don't belong in the same room as one another." Which is fine. I get it. However, it's a mix of the entire year, so there's no compartmentalizing!

I would like to challenge you to the same task. Come up with a mix of 10-15 songs that you think are the BEST of 2011. Share them in the comments so I can be sure to check them out!

And, of course, here is my mix. The best songs that were new (either to me, or to music in general) in 2011! I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment