DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

November 26, 2011

Deck the Halls: Easy Garland Ornaments


I'm so excited to present you with my Deck the Halls series! December is a very special month for me as it is the month of my grandmother (Donna) and I shared our birthdays! I have been doing a lot of brainstorming and thinking about making this December EXTRA special and I think you will like what you see!

Check back every day between now and December 31st for a little something to help you cozy your house, warm your bellies, or prepare a gift! 

Today I want to show you a super easy DIY project you can whip up in a matter of minutes. This DIY would also be easy to do with a house full of cousins or out-of-town guests who need something to keep them occupied!

Materials Needed:
  • tinsel or garland of your color choice
    • I went with a muted gold & silver combo from Target, (my main decorating colors for Christmas & New Years). It was only $6.99 for 12 feet, but you could get bargain tinsel at your local dollar store.
  • scissors
  • clear plastic ornaments from your local craft shop.
    • I picked up a handful of these from Michael's in all shapes and sizes.
    •  At most, I think I spent $10 on 10 of them.
    • (warning: avoid using clear glass ornaments as you run the risk of breaking them) 

Step #1:
  • Gently pull the metal clasp at the top of your ornament so it slides out from the plastic

Step 2:
  • Using your scissors, cut about a 6 inch piece of garland. You will make a little bit of a mess while doing this.
  • Slide one end of the garland into the plastic ornament.
  • Use your scissors to push the rest of the garland in to the ornament gently.
    • NOTE: If you're using glass ornaments, please be VERY careful during this part.
 Step 3:
  • Make sure your garland is all the way stuffed down into the ornament. If you don't think it is full enough, feel free to add more to your liking!


Step 4: 
  • Pinch together the metal prongs on the top of the ornament and gently slide it back into the plastic ornament.


Step 5:
  • Hang the ornament on your tree or tie it to a wrapped gift as a little extra!



No comments:

Post a Comment