DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

August 15, 2011

Mad Men as Yearbook Class? What?!


I have a thing for Mad Men. I mean seriously, this is nothing new. I'm sort of dying over the fact that Season 5 isn't part of my back-to-school preparation this year. Definitely feels like something is missing.  

That's when I was thinking.. why wait for Mad Men when you could bring Mad Men to school? Well, as you know, Mad Men isn't the most teenage/family friendly television show. In fact, when I used a clip last school year, I was hard pressed to find one appropriate without a lot of innuendo, but I did. So what the heck am I talking about?

Yearbook Class meet Sterling Cooper.
I think you guys will compliment each other nicely.

We will have our Creative Department: To help brainstorm slogans, sections, layouts, the general feel of the yearbook.

Our Art Department: To funnel the ideas to print. Design the photography, the art, the graphics. Make sure everything fits the general theme.

Head of Accounts: To organize, manage, and invest time in making sure our Ads are filled, our payment has been collected, and our customers are happy!

And Me? Well, I'll be the Office Manager.

At first I thought it would just be funny to do it this way, but now I'm seriously contemplating it.
(As you can see, I try to make my classroom fun for the kids AND for me ;))

P.S. There is NO smoking or drinking allowed in the yearbook class!

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh, great idea! I have recently found that Mad Men in on Netflix so I spend the majority of my life plopped infront of the tv watching the gorgeousness. (Not really, but it has definitely become a part of my day!)

    This is such a great idea. Let me know how it works out! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete