DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

August 17, 2011

Goodbye, sweet summer.


Cory and I have a funny relationship. For example, I'll get irritated and he'll just try to be cute. I just ignore it, but when it comes down to it, it's usually pretty funny and I crack/budge/give in whatever you want to call it. Also, I should note, this is usually when it's revolving around something frivolous.

Our latest fiasco revolves around the fact that I cut out a coupon for bite sized Snickers. Why? I have no idea. I never keep junk food in the house, let alone candy, but I guess the timing just felt right. Ever since I carried the beloved bag of Snickers home (around 4 weeks ago), I have found trails of wrappers left by my dear husband.

He loves junk food. He would weigh about 500,000 pounds if I kept it in the house. As a means of keeping me and my husband healthy and fit, I don't buy it. This time, however, the Snickeres made Cory feel especially awesome. So he ate a lot of them. Fortunately, they're bite sized, so it's really not the end of the world.

The end of the world came when I finally had it up to here (hand up to forehead) with picking them up after Cory was finished. ugh. Please do not make me pick up after you! We have this conversation all the time. It's all in good fun, I know he means no harm. Honestly, my husband can be absent minded about leaving stuff around. I know he'll get to it eventually... but if it bugs me enough, I'll just do it myself. I know, I know... I'm probably creating a monster. Seriously though, Cory is great and very clean and tidy and takes good care of the house. And because of that, I ensued with the sarcasm about this ridiculous trail of wrappers.

Alas..

I finally picked up the last one I could bare this morning and told him enough was enough. We shall live in a home coated in chocolate wrappers if it means I wouldn't have to pick up ONE MORE WRAPPER.

And that is the note he left me when he finished the last delicious nugget-y treat.

I had a really good laugh when I found it in the kitchen. Oh my sweet husband. He knows how to get me. :)

So here's to a sweet way of ending the summer before we head back to school tomorrow. I plan on doing a full fledge "the summer that was..." post within the next week. For now, however, I want to end it on this note.

xo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment