DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

May 2, 2011

Our little Monday...



Do you ever have one of those days that is fairly emblematic of the last few months?

Today went a little something like this...

After staying awake very very late last night watching news coverage about the killing of Osama Bin Laden, Cory and I woke up extra early today to take it to the body shop for it's makeover after last week's kick fest. I wake up a solid 20 minutes early and we were at the body shop promptly at 7am... only to find out that it doesn't open until 7:30 and they don't have a drop box. Mmmmmkay. So we sit in Cory's Jetta and hang out, eat our morning oatmeal and sip our coffee until the workers show up.

We finally make it to school (late) and I rush around in order to make my photo copies for the day, only to find out that in my building of 100 teachers, we only have ONE photo copier working! yikes! So all works out and I get my copies made just in time for the parent teacher conference that started at 9am.

Around 9:15, Cory texts me saying his school has been closed for the day as they do not have any electricity, and he's coming over to do work (they had to choose a place to work, and since we carpool, it was the most logical option). Yay! So, although I worked a full day, I also got to spend it with Cory in my classroom. It was a little weird to have your husband sitting at your desk watching you perform, but I think my students thought it was sorta funny. All in all-- a pretty decent day at work.

Cory decided to leave extra early while I was still in 4th period (my last class of the day; we have block scheduling), and hit up the grocery store so we didn't have to after work (genius!). By 4 p.m., we rolled out of the building and back into Frederick. We quickly unpacked the groceries and headed to Starbucks for a little afternoon coffee pick up (which I am finding harder and harder to survive without these days... yikes...). Cory headed to the library, and I headed to the Emporium (the best, the largest, the most amazing antique shop in town). Oh em gee. Fortunately, I only had an hour to scale the shelves before they closed, but I was struck by a few items I saw. Loads of MCM furniture and cross stitchings! mmmmmmmmm!

I headed back home and cooked us a pretty hearty meal, only to have Flip knock my entire glass of iced tea onto the floor. hmph.

So the moral of the story today is: Ebb and flow.

At the end of the day, everything worked out,  but in a pretty weird way.

Does this ever happen to you?

Better question:
What is your moral of the story for today?

Leave 'em in the comments and then go and enjoy your evening! :)


1 comment: