DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

April 23, 2011

Donald Trump Knows Best... wait.. what?

Tumblr_ljmkz6qgz31qzwaddo1_500_large
(source)

I don't follow reality TV (I don't have cable and it's not really my thing, anyway), nor do I pay much attention to the business world; however, recently Donald Trump uttered a few magic words that I completely agree with:

"I'm worth whatever I feel."

Granted, Mr. Trump was referencing his monitary worth, not his mental worth, but I feel as if this statement is true for a lot of us. Depending on the day, depending on the moment in time, we are worth whatever we feel.

It's incredible to think about single moments that shape our impressions of ourselves. For example, an intense moment at work may control whether you feel empowered or belittled, and I know I am guilty of acting upon this feeling: wanting to show up at work the next day... and not wanting to show up to work the next day.

I have been spending a lot of time this break reflecting upon this school year and how it has been so dramatic and intense that it has really been the controlling force over how I feel about myself--which isn't cool with me. I should be in control more, but unfortunately my job calls for lots of people telling me what to do, when to do it, and how to react to various situations that may go against my grain.

I think Mr. Trump is on to something.

You truly are worth whatever you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment