DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

January 3, 2011

Back to School

4431529572_643e1ee24f_z_large
(source)

I go back to work today.

I'm hoping this week will be light and cheerful as I wrap up my 2nd to last week with my current students. Unfortunately, this might be the hardest week of the entire semester, as my students take their English High School Assessment (HSA) the following Monday (Jan. 10th). This is a test that they are required to pass to graduate. It's a basic skills test,  but I teach a large population of students who are struggling readers, so they enter the test at a disadvantage compared to other students. Long story short, this week I will be boosting their confidence, reviewing loads of skills and strategies, and doing whatever it takes to keep a smile on my face.

I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about teaching this semester. I don't really feel comfortable sharing everything on here, as I need to be professional and keep a lot of opinions to myself, but I feel as if one day soon, I will hopefully be able to open up and share my thoughts about public education in Maryland and in the United States.

With that being said, I'm off to start my day!

Happy Monday,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. I hope your week back at school has gone well. At least, if it hasn't gone as nice and smooth as hoped for it, it's "Hump Day" and i't halfway over. But hopefully you've enjoyed being back with the students after winter break!
    I'm your newest follower... I love your blog! :)
    -baily

    pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete