DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 28, 2010

Vintage Greetings

I have been doing a lot of thinking as to why I'm such a big fan of the winter holidays. Obviously, I enjoy the quality time with my family and friends, but I think there is something about it that really gets me a little deeper than that.

I truly love how the winter holidays embrace both the old and the new.

I really do love how the winter holidays focus on bringing together traditions of yesterday with toys of today. I love that people are taking the time to use their vintage trees or ornaments that have been passed down to them or remind them of memories form years ago. 

 For me, I love that people take the time during this season to watch old movies, cuddle inside their homes, break out old recipes, and not worry about the latest and greatest or modern-day drama. I'm sure there are people out there who do that, but I would like to think that the people I surround myself with during this time aren't included in that group.

In light of this little thought, I did a little research on vintage holiday greetings and thought I would share them with you! They range from the early 1900s to the 1970s. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Tumblr_le1adnw67p1qbufe8o1_500_large






karenh:

a heartwarming round up vintage Disney Christmas greeting cards and new year calendars from the 1930s through 1950s
“…It’s time again to share this batch of wonderful Christmas cards from  the Disney studio collected by Disney animator, Claire Weeks from 1938  through the mid-1950s. The designs on these cards are so much fun, it  makes you wish the films themselves looked this cartoony.” —Animation Archive
(above corresponds with year the feature film Lady and the Tramp was released: 1955)

Happy Christmas Eve, internet! I’m off to watch The Santa Clause and eat some cookies.



Vintage 1970s Christmas Wrapping Paper~Children/Puppy (Image1)

A Christmas Surprise for Rabbit (Original)






No comments:

Post a Comment