DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 4, 2010

A little Q&A...

In the spirit of welcoming new blog readers and visiting guests, I thought I would share a little Q&A!

Enjoy!

1. Where did you grow up?
I was actually born in a small West Virginian town and lived there until I was almost 4. My parents decided to move 30 minutes away into western Maryland and build a house in the town my mother grew up in. I grew up in Sharpsburg, Maryland, which is a super tiny Civil War town (the battle of Antietam) where cobblestone and old cannons line the roads.


2. Where did you go to college?
I attended Fairmont State (College...when I was there) University for my freshman year of college, but transferred to and graduated from Salisbury University. I love Salisbury very much as it opened SO many doors for me. Salisbury really helped me branch out and become involved in so many activities, meet a wide range of people, and even travel to California with my mother for a research conference!
Interesting fact: I was Vice President of the Fishing Club when I graduated in '07. Fishing Club! Sometimes I can't believe it myself...

(If you're a younger reader, or have children who are interested in education, it is a phenominal teaching school.)

I made amazing friends who have always been so supportive (even when I'm not great at staying in touch...something I really need to work on ).

(I was also one of the chairs of Relay for Life my senior year. This is me and my grandmother (Donna) at Relay my senior year. She came down each year and walked for Fishing Club.)

3. What made you want to become an English teacher?
Honestly, I always enjoyed being around children of all ages, so I knew I wanted to be involved in education in some regard. My mother always jokes how I would read and write even before I knew "how to." But really, I had an amazing 8th grade Language Arts teacher who made me love reading and showed me how fun the classroom could be. I remember being a freshman in college in my first English class and so many students complaining about how much they hated English. I remember thinking to myself, "Why do they hate it so much?" and then I realized I had just been blessed with incredible teachers. I wanted to spread that joy to other students in the future... which is what I try to do today!

4. Favorite holiday movie?
Oh man. It changes so often this time of year. I love the classics, Miracle on 34th, etc. but I think my honest favorite is probably A Christmas Story, even though One Magic Christmas is a very very very VERY close second!

5. Favorite old-school TV show?
That Girl! Remember my post when I went crazy about Marlo Thomas. Sigh! I love, love it! I asked for Season 5 for Christmas :).

6. Favorite drink @ Starbucks?
Totally Peppermint Mocha. I love a good pumpkin spice latte, but that mocha & mint blend gets me e-v-e-r-y time.

Do you have any questions for my next Q&A post? Add them in the comments or email me at donnasdecembers(at)gmail(dot)com :)

xo,
Liz

P.S. I'll leave you with this cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy photo of Cory and I that was snapped in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment