DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

October 13, 2010

DIY Overload take 2!

As I meantioned earlier this week, I have been bookmarking so many DIYs. Some of them are more seasonal than others, but I think they each have loads of potential as we head into the coziest time of year. I hope you enjoy these DIYs or at leat find a few new cool blogs along the way!

 I saved this Pom Pom Wreath DIY from Miss. James over at Bleubird Vintage. It's a keeper for every season, but if you need some instant pep and cuteness--here you go! You can make a few for under $10! I made so many of these last year... for me and my friends! They loved how warm and quirky they were. Don't hesitate to make a smaller version if you have a teeny tiny apartment that you're trying to spruce up. I made my BFF in NYC a mini 8 inch wreath for her shoebox in Manhattan and it fit perfectly!

Fawn

I don't know about you, but I am constantly forgetting where I put my needles. Unfortunately, my feet always find them. Or worse, Cory's feet. Leigh-Ann over at Freckled Nest had this adorable Needlebook DIY that would be the perfect handmade gift for a beginning seamstress, or a stocking stuffer for someone who is getting their very first sewing machine! There are many possibilities. If I can grab a second to myself this weekend, I need to get on this so I can stop buying new needles!


Now, I know the pom pom craze of the summer may have passed...but I think I'm going to bring it back for Christmas. Paper mistletoe! I think it would be so pretty to make a few of these in festive colors and then change them out in silver and gold just in time for New Years! I mean they're such a quick craft to use your pennies towards, you might as well make 'em to your heart's content! So, just incase you missed the summer-time obsession, here is Rachel's Paper Pom Pom DIY from over at Smile and Wave.


Now this DIY I am completely in love with. Talk about the perfect way to add some color to your holiday decor from October through Thanksgiving. Take a look at Danielle Thompson's Fabric Pumpkin DIY. A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e. I doubt I ever delete this DIY. I feel like I could make a million of these as gifts. Gosh. So stinking cute!
Mainimage

Okay, okay. I'll settle down now. Now go and create! Give the ladies behind these DIYs some love. They totally deserve it :).

P.S. Have you seen any awesome DIYs that I've missed? Paste a link in the comments! I'm always on the prowl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment