June 21, 2010

The story of Liz and Cory part 1

(The first picture of us, ever! We had just changed from taking a tour of the White House with a few of my family members.)

Recently, my Happy Mail partner reminded me that I never posted any of the cute little stories about Cory and I (you know, where we met, how we got engaged, wedding plans, etc, etc.). I realized that I didn't have this blog up and going until after we were knee deep in wedding plans.
Alas, I welcome you back to Summer 2007.

I was freshly graduated from Salisbury University and, at that time, employed with Baltimore County Public Schools to be a middle school English Language Arts teacher. I had headed over to a dear friends' house for a huge graduation party (we both graduated from Salisbury and our youngest siblings graduated from the same high school). It was a really fun evening as I saw many people from the past. My high school psychology teacher (who taught me his very first year of teaching ever) was in attendance with a few other young teachers. We were hanging out, eating the delicious food, and having a really great time.

One of those young teachers was Cory. His parents are the God parents of the friend whom I was visiting. I had known Cory casually over many years, but I saw his parents on a more frequent basis. At this time, on this particular summer evening, I was fresh out of a long-term relationship and he was still currently attached. We had so much fun hanging out and then realized, that we would both be teaching in Baltimore County at the beginning of the next school year! Crazy! We exchanged numbers and went on our way...

Fast foward to April 2008. I am visiting a local high school (my alma mater)to do a little work with another teacher. I had to find something in the school library quickly, and as soon as I was on my way out the door, a handsome young man stood tall and said, "Liz?"

Yep, it was Cory. We briefly said hello, but I was in a rush, so I didn't give the coversation much thought.

Two days later, I received an email from Cory asking me if I was available for happy hour in Frederick. I said sure, since we hadn't seen each other in about a year. We made plans to meet at Isabella's on Friday. When we met that Friday at 4:00, the conversation rolled easily and I was surprised how much we had in common to talk about. Before long a few friends joined us at a different location which only exanded the fun. When I realized that happy hour was over and we were just out having a great time, I checked my watch, and sure it enough, it was 11:00 p.m.

I headed home, and the rest is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment