DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

June 22, 2010

It's time for some goals!




I know I've been on summer break for about 2 weeks now, but I really don't think my actual summer will begin until after I am married and relaxed from the craziness of wedding planning. So, I have been thinking  a lot about life after the wedding (you know, starting July 11th) and what I want to accomplish before I return to school. So here's what I've come up with...

1. Add 10 new items to Donnas Decembers shop.
Whitney at The Muse has already requested a few items to return for the fall season, so I need to get a head start on all the fall and winter items I have floating around in that head of mine!

2. Read 4 novels.
That's really not much for me, considering I read 22 novels 2 summers ago... but I'll be short on time considering teachers return to school on August 12th!
Here's what I have lined up so far...

The Secret History by Donna Tartt

Zen and Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
Since these two are fairly philosophical, I would like recommendations for "lighter" but great reads. Any suggestions??

3. Continue to Journal.
The 30 Day Journal Challenge has really opened my eyes to a new style of journaling that isn't as time intensive as the old-school method. I really am falling in love with this creative outlet and can't wait to journal all the magical events and memories of our wedding!

4. Yard Sale!
Cory and I are in desperate need of a MAJOR purge. Since we both lived in our own apartments before moving in together (plus we're getting so many amazing wedding gifts) we have TOO much stuff for 2 people (and a catchild)! Would anyone be interested in a community yard sale? Hmm?


I think 4 goals is a great number for now (since it's my lucky number).

*What are your goals for summer?
*What about the rest of 2010 (we only have 5 months left, yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment