DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

March 15, 2010

Daylight Savings Begins!

If you know me at all, you know that I am very sunshine sensitive. No, I don't burn easily...but I need a LOT of sunshine to be consistently happy. It's no surprise that Daylight Savings is my favorite day of the year. I don't usually mind "springing forward" because I know it's leading me into warmer weather, less layers of clothing, and longer days.

Until this year. I am having the toughest time adjusting to the new time! Last night, Cory and I watched "Who is Clark Rockefeller?" on Lifetime. Granted, we're not big Lifetime watchers, but the previews really appealed to my curiosity (so if you know any of their marketing agents, give them kudos). Unfortunately, it so thoroughly freaked me out that I couldn't relax until nearly 12:30 this morning! My alarm clock rang oh so early...and it was dark outside. Ouch.


Anyway, I'm trying to get into the groove and say "You know what--sleep is awesome--but not this week." I have so much to tackle this week--and I know it will pay off in sweet rewards.

Right now I'm really hunting for an interesting non-fiction book to read. I haven't actually sat down and read a book in MONTHS (which for me is absolutely crazy). I'm thinking that I might be able to get into non-fiction though. If you have ANY recommendations of memoirs, biographies, whatever whatever, please please please let me know! Tomorrow this beauty is finally being released in paperback:
I have been waiting to get my paws on this biography of Flannery O'Connor. It's really hard for me to get into hardback books (they remind me of textbooks), so I'm THRILLED this is finally out in paperback! In fact, I just realized if I stick around long enough--I might be able to slide over to Barnes & Noble and they *fingers crossed* will have it on the shelf before they close. I hope, I hope!

Anyway, I need to tackle some plans for school tomorrow and then spend some quality time with my baby blanket.

Have a wonderful Monday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment