DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

April 10, 2012

Smash* Books for Target

If there's one thing I love, it's the magical vortex that is every Target store I've ever been to. Are you with me? I can say, "I'll be back in 15 minutes!" and the next thing I know it's been 55 minutes. I have no idea what they do or how they do it--but it works. Sometimes after work, especially after a hard day at work, I'll take myself on a little stroll through our local Target just to check things out. I don't usually buy much or anything at all--which is good because I'm one heck of an impulse shopper (which I'm *crosses fingers* hopefully growing out of). 

Last week, during the craziness, I needed to pick up a few odds and ends for spring break, so I just took myself on a little Target walk. I noticed a few new items in their scrapbooking aisle from the Smash* collection from K & C Company. Usually the scrapbooking items at Target don't match my aesthetic, but the Smash* items were so lovely and fun that I instantly fell in love!

Fast forward to this Saturday at my uncle's house, where we celebrate Easter. My aunt put together handmade Easter baskets for each of my cousins (I have 6 cousins under the age of 13) and I noticed that the eldest girl, Kiersten (13 years old), got a Smash* book in her basket! Jealous! Since Kiersten didn't really understand what it was all about, I explained that Smash* functions as a fun collaboration between art journaling and scrapbooking. She was hooked! It's so good to see future crafters in my own family ;).

Well, after thinking about that beloved Smash* book for a few days, I finally took myself on a trip to Target today and picked one up for myself!

Right now, Smash* books are only 12.99 at Target (which isn't bad because I've also seen them at other stores for $15+). There are 4 options for books--4 regular sized themed books (Pretty--pink; Doodle--red; Adventure--black; and Retro--blue), and then a smaller option that comes in one theme, but I think is only $7.99 and the perfect size for your purse. Each Smash* book comes with a felt-tip black pen perfect for journaling on those pretty pages, and on the opposite side of the pen, a glue stick for sticking in those memories. Now, don't be like me and start winding up your glue stick without realizing it--forcing it inside the cap of the pen. aye aye aye.

I ended up picking up the Doodle version (red), because I liked the graphics, colors, and designs of the scrap pages better. While I was there, I also gave into temptation and bought a pack of big glitter foam stickers. I just couldn't resist the typography and colors of glitter! I could, however, resist all the other ancillary items that the Smash* Collection offers, for now at least. I have a pretty big collection of washi tape from Christmas that needs to be used and a plethora of other odds and ends around the house. Plus, the only item I truly had my eye on was that date stamp.

I came right home and made it my own. I'm pretty excited over the prospects of this thing--as I've always wanted to journal on a more regular basis, but am so easily overwhelmed by the entire process.



Above all else, I'm excited about using this book as a way to document my spring and summer! We're truly on the verge of summer around here (it's really the only thing I can think about anymore), so I'm thinking this will be a lot of fun!

How do you preserve your memories? 

xo,

2 comments:

  1. I've been eying up a smash book for ages, but the price in JoAnns and Michaels always put me off. Targets certainly selling them cheaper and they look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been pretty fun so far! I'm thinking I might save it for summer and go full steam ahead then. I don't think you can beat $12.99 for something like this, either. It's a very fair price! :) I hope you get one!

      Delete