Last weekend Cory hosted a bachelor party for one of his closet friends, Rich. They were meeting at our house early Saturday morning before their tee time at a local golf course, so I volunteered to make breakfast for everyone since I knew the bachelor party wouldn't end after their round of golf ;). After consulting some of my facebook friends for a quick casserole recipe, I decided to improvise and throw together one of my very own! The guys loved it and I did, too. Most of the ingredients I already had at home, so it was a really affordable recipe to make for a large group. It would be perfect to ensure a lazy morning at home!
2 cups of milk
1 pack shredded cheddar cheese
black pepper + salt
white bread, sliced
sausage (or bacon, but you can also go without)
13x9 baking dish
optional: diced peppers/tomato/onion
- Spray or grease your baking dish.
- Cut the crusts off of 8 slices of white bread (it has to be white bread, btw) and lay them in the bottom of the baking dish so the entire bottom is covered.
- Spread the entire pack of shredded cheese across the bread.
- Brown and crumble sausage. Spread sausage on top of the cheese and bread.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 6 eggs, milk, black pepper/salt to taste, and 2 cups of milk.
- If you choose, you could add the veggies into your egg mix at this point.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of sausage/cheese/bread in baking dish.
- Let sit over night in refrigerator.
- Next morning, let it sit for about 20 minutes while oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until egg is golden yellow.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.