On my cookie trip at the end of November, we made sixteen different kinds of cookies. SIXTEEN. Who knew baking could ever be so intense!? Today I want to share with you one of my favorite cookies, not just for Christmas, but for all year round! The peanut butter blossom!
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3
cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk
and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt;
gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.
What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
P.S. Here are all the Deck the Halls posts!