To add to our cookie trail, today's Deck the Halls post includes a recipe that is yummy all year round, not just during the holidays! During my trip to SC in November, my sister-in-law introduced me to an easy cookie to make in replacement of the classic lemon bar. These cookies aren't as sticky and messy as lemon bars, but still just as yummy, light, and refreshing! I can imagine eating these on Memorial Day just as much as I hope to snag a few on Christmas Day, too!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.
Nom nom! Enjoy!