DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

October 29, 2011

A few peeks of our snowy Saturday morning.

Sure, Maryland gets snow, but it is extremely rare for us to get snow in October. In fact, locally speaking, this has only happened 3 other times in the last 100 years! When I woke up this morning there was a nice white coating over everything outside and we're expecting anywhere up to 8 inches by tomorrow morning. Yep. Eight inches of snow in Maryland. The most accumulation we've ever seen has been 2.8 inches in October. It's a little crazy around here.

 We have guests staying with us for the weekend for a (outdoor) wedding we're attending this afternoon, so I woke up extra early to put on the coffee and slide a nice pumpkin bread in the oven. We're not entirely sure what we're wearing to the wedding, but we know it's going to need to be warm! I'm seriously considering wearing my black LandsEnd snowboots... I'm not even kidding... well.. sorta.

While everyone was beginning to wake up, I grabbed my camera and started to shoot little pieces of our day so far...








Is it snowing where you are? If so, what are you doing to stay warm today?

xo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Your snow actually looks pretty! I'm in Glen Burnie and all we've got is a nasty icy rain. Did you end up wearing the lands end boots? I totally would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow? Brrrrrr. It's spring here in Australia, yesterday sure was chilly enough for snow but the rain would have washed it away!

    ReplyDelete