DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

July 5, 2011

Yarn Wreaths

On August 3, I am teaching a yarn wreath class at The Muse in downtown Frederick. This will be my second class at The Muse and I'm really looking forward to it!

Yarn wreaths essentially start with a simple base that enables your creativity and imagination to run wild. I love making a new wreath for each season. Sometimes I decorate my wreaths with silk flowers, sometimes with yarn flowers, and sometimes just with simple, yet glamorous vintage buttons.

Before I started working on my sample wreaths this morning, I decided to peruse the web for some inspiration. Check out these beauties!

10 inch Mustard Paint Chip- The Original Felt Yarn Wreath






Aaaaaand based upon my favorites, you can see that I already have autumn on the brain. It's true. Last night I sat on my couch and dreamed of all kinds of autumn merchandise and fun stuff. You know, like cozy fingerless gloves and warm pumpkin spice lattes.

Okay, that's it. I'm going crazy. We just slipped away from 4th of July and look at me! yikes..

Back to the wreath making. I'll be sure to show you my final products when finished!

xo,
Liz

4 comments:

  1. That first one really takes the cake!
    I love the colors and all the establishments.
    :-)

    missyellowshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inspiring - that should be a fun class to prepare for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started making a yarn wreath once but gave up, it took SO much time! I might try again though and make an argyle one, I really like those

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, yarn wreaths are tricky. I think if you have a plan, they don't take very long. They are easier when I use just one color for the foundation and then add more on top. If I try to mix and match.. I agree, they can take a long time just because I can't make up my mind!!

    ReplyDelete