DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

July 20, 2011

Plannin' a roadtrip...


If you've been reading this blog for a while, you have probably realized that Cory and I have ants in our pants when it comes to traveling. We love little weekend trips or roadtrips in general. Fortunately, we have a bunch of incredibly talented and gifted friends whom live all around the country. We try to take them up on offers to visit as much as we possibly can! Traveling on a teacher's salary is tricky, but definitely not impossible. Usually once we know where we're headed, we look for hostels or affordable places to stay that are near where we want to explore.

With that being said, last fall we took a roadtrip to Auburn, Alabama with two of our closest friends, Rich and Beth. We had such a great time although I never posted the photos to prove it! Gah... I need to get better about that. Anyway.. it's that time for us to start planning our next trip to Auburn and I'm puting out an all call!

The map above shows our typical route to get to Auburn. Last year we stayed in Greenville, S.C. on a Thursday night, drove into Atlanta on Friday and explored the Little 5 Points neighborhood before heading into Auburn. It's nice being able to leave on Thursday and hitting up a few sights along the way. If you see a spot on the map that includes something we absolutely must stop and do, please tell!

I'm pretty open to any suggestions (shops, bars, restaurants, you know... fun stuff), but they must meet a few requirements:
-cannot be more than 20 miles off the beaten route
-Must not be too expensive
-can accommodate 4 people

I'm excited to see what ya'll come up with for us to do! :)

Liz

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun trip! My husband I are planning a road trip up to Vermont this fall for a wedding, stoppin in Boston. Trying to do it on the cheap too...not easy, but it can work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way- I LOVE seeing new places, learning the culture&meeting the people!

    By the way, I love your blog! Especially your teaching posts! I'm in my last year as an education major!

    ReplyDelete