DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

June 7, 2011

Bluebird Yarn Shop, Sausalito, California!

In May, my mother and I took a long weekend trip out to San Francisco. We were desperate for a distraction from work and really wanted some mother-daughter time, so this trip was  really perfect. Since we had already been to San Francisco once before (for a conference I presented at in college), we didn't have much of a desire to throw on our tourist caps. We each had a little list of places we wanted to visit, but we relied on our feet to lead us to new places!

On our last full day in San Francisco, we decided to catch a ferry to Sausalito, California, a quaint little town across the San Francisco Bay. Of course, I suffered from a little bit of sea sickness right after the ferry, but I didn't let it stop me from finding Bluebird Yarn!


This adorable yarn shop on Pine Street was packed to the brim with lush yarns that I had never seen before. The shop is organized and decorated in a way that I felt like I was stepping into someone's craft studio, and not a place of business. It was beyond comfortable and cheery!


The space is maximized with a teaching area in the back of the store and a large gathering area in the front.  What I enjoyed most was a sample swatch for nearly ever fiber/yarn they carried! I know it's customary for stores to carry a few swatches, but I think that every yarn I looked at had a swatch, which I found extremely helpful.




The window display in the front window catches the eye as they have used large knitting needles and a lot of t-shirt yarn to inspire your craftiness to the fullest!



Of course, I couldn't leave without picking up some Merino wool and t-shirt yarn made in South Africa!


If you're ever in Sausalito, be sure to check out Bluebird Yarn and say hi to the sweet ladies behind the counter!

xo,
Liz

P.S. Check back later this week for more peeks into my San Francisco trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment