DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

March 20, 2011

What I'm Reading...

Not only do I go through reading spurts, but I also have specific reading seasons. For example, my reading calendar looks something like this:

March-April: Interesting non-fiction, essays, short stories
May-September: Southern fiction/lit, larger pieces, classics, early 1900s-modern time
October-November: academic works, classic literature, brooding characters
December-February: Can't convince me to pick up a book.

I think I could probably de-code my calendar and explain it to you, and I will if you want, but for now, I'll get into my reading list.

1. Bobbie Ann Mason's Shiloh & Other Stories. Cory read her collection while taking a Southern Fiction course during his master's program, and ever since, has been convincing me to read it. I finally picked it up and read the first story, "Shiloh," last Friday and am so happy that I did. She's easy to read and enjoyable. Here is an article from People Magazine about Ms. Mason in the 1980s!


2. Paulo Coelho's Inspirations:

3. Jessica Kerwin Jenkin's Encyclopedia of the Exquisite


What are you reading?

xo,
Liz

3 comments:

  1. I am currently reading a biography of a catholic priest...its rather interesting.
    I am also ready the scarlet letter; I had to read it in high school and felt like picking it up again.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to start a book marathon!
    I'm reading 33 Stephen King books in 40 weeks, starting this upcoming Sunday. Crazy-ish, but exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting approach to reading! I always have a few different books going at once - usually a non-fiction, a memoir and a fiction and then maybe something else mixed in there. I just finished my second read-through of Eat, Pray, Love (I rarely re-read but it felt so right for me right now), am almost done with Twisted Sisterhood (non fiction about the nature of female friendships) and am daily flipping through Yarnbombing.

    ReplyDelete