DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 16, 2010

My favorites.

Know someone who wants to learn to crochet but can't afford to take a class or have the time to commit (maybe you)? It can be a little overwhelming when you head to your local craft store or book store to pick out a really awesome instructional book (that may or may not have patterns attached). You want to make sure it's just right, right?

I thought I would offer you a few suggestions of my all time favorite resources when it comes to crochet!

If you're just looking for the basics or want to amp up your stitches The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet is priceless. I reference this text multiple times in a month. It's a great way to challenge yourself with new stitches or spice up old-school projects (scarves, blankets, etc.)


Around the Corner Crochet Borders is the perfect resource when you want to finish up a blanket, scarf, or any project with a little pizzaz or personality. Over a hundred glossy photos and clear instructions to choose from!


This was the first book I ever bought and it really gave me the confidence to try funky new designs and even make up some of my own! The patterns and instructions in this text are just as sassy as the title, Stitch N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker. Debbie Stroller's new line of yarn has even become one of my favorites!


If you check out any of these resources, give them or gifts, or have used them in the past, let me know what you think. What other instructional tools have really stood out to you when it comes to being spectacular?

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing it! I really want to get back to learning crochet this coming year and actually finish something! :)

    ReplyDelete