DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 22, 2010

Crocheted Bookmark DIY



I was searching high and low for a quick crocheted gift I could whip up for the 12 English teachers I work with and a few others that I will be giving gifts to this year. Needless to say, finding a gender neutral gift is pretty hard in the crocheted world, so I decided to come up with my very own pattern for a bookmark. I decided to use my favorite shell stitch, since it is so pretty, but also so quick and easy! This is also a great way to use up your last bit of sock yarn or crochet thread!

Bookmark Supplies:
size 2 or 2.25mm crochet hook (or any hook that fits your gauge)
fingering weight yarn (can also use size 3 crochet thread)

Packaging Supplies:
cardstock
festive yarn/ribbon

Bookmark Pattern:
abbreviations:
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
st = stitch

Here you go!
chain 13.
Row 1: DC in 4th ch from hook. DC in next ch. Skip 2 ch. 5 DC in next ch. Skip 2 ch. DC in next 3 ch. Ch 3. Turn
Row 2: 5 DC in first stitch. skip 2 st. DC in next 2 sts. skip 2 st. 5 DC in next st. DC in last st (3rd turning ch from previous row). Ch 3. Turn.
Row 3:  Skip first 2 st. DC in next 2 sts. Skip 2 st. 5 DC in nexst st. Skip 2 st. DC in next 2 sts. sk 2 st. DC in last st of row.
Row 4-17: Repeat Rows 2 & 3.

(Note:I made mine about 5 inches long. You can make it your desired length!)

To Package:
I printed a personal message on strips of cardstock, cut them down, and punched two small holes near the top. I used festive yarn to wrap around the back, come through the holes, and tie a bow on the front of the bookmark to secure it. You could also wrap this in a bracelet jewelry box, if you have an extra lying around.

If you make any of these bookmarks, please take pictures and post them online (leave me a link in the comments)! I would love to see your final products!  

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment