DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

October 24, 2010

Wish List: Books

It's that time of year when people start talking about purchasing gifts and swapping lists and hopes of Santa get the better of us. I really enjoy the thrill of shopping for those loved ones in my life. I try to make each gift thoughtful and purposeful. Some years I keep a common theme (handmade, eco, etc.), and some years I just buy things for people they would never take the time to buy for themselves (as a way to indulge). So while I sit at my desk and try to be crafty as I come up with my "To Shop" list for others, I thought I would share with you what I have on my own list for my upcoming birthday and for Christmas!

Books


Crafting a Meaningful Home by Meg Mateo Ilasco is one of the most chic, let alone prettiest DIY books I have seen in a very long time. There is a gorgeous pattern for a crocheted rope rug that I have had my eye on for months... and will hopefully become a winter project just in time for spring toes :)


A few weeks ago this pretty book caught my eye at a local bookstore as I was searching for information about vintage patterns. Vintage Notions by Amy Barickman is the perfect collection of all things vintage: anecdotes, patterns, recipies, and reliable advice. The pictures are as beautiful as the cover and to be perfectly honest, I hope this book finds it's way to my coffee table ASAP.


Minhee Cho's sassy "Paper + Craft" is the perfect "go-to" for quick paper designs to spruce up your home. I love the basic ideas and the twists that are incorporated in each of these designs. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. these 3 books look cool, i'm gonna go to the bookstore tonight and take a look :)
    Great post! xo

    ReplyDelete