DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

October 9, 2010

Long time no see...


Good morning! I'm sorry I haven't been around much this week; things have been very busy after school prepping for the big Homecoming Dance (tonight)! I haven't even had the time to pick up a crochet hook! boo!

Homecoming Week at the school I teach at looks a little something like this:


Monday-Friday is Spirit Week and each day has a different theme. These themes are omnipresent in the hallways, are the inspiration for many crazy outfits, and give us something to think about other than the regular hub-lub.

Thursday evening, after the home soccer game, is the annual Homecoming Bonfire on the softball field. Many school organizations set up booths with games, food, and photo ops, to raise a little money for their group. We have a large bonfire and the cheerleaders cheer, the band plays, and it's all around good holesome fun. It's one of my all-time favorite traditions. We even have a local fire truck that comes to "watch guard" that is green and white (our school colors).

Friday during the school day my classes help me and the SGA in the gym to help decorate for the dance. We usually have to stay after school for a few hours to finish up--but this year it went off without an ounce of trouble! We finished in RECORD time and I was pleased to have a few hours to myself before the annual Friday evening Homecoming football game. This where I am in charge of organizing the Homecoming Court and their families to be announced during halftime. This is where dreams come true and the Homecoming King and Queen are announced! This is also a lot of fun as mothers usually cry and dads well up, but hold it back.



Saturday is the Homecoming Dance from 8-11, but as advisor, I have to be at school a few hours early to greet the balloon delivery and DJ. I am so happy this year, though, because Ben (our friend and DJ from our wedding) is DJing the dance! Nothing like being able to hangout with your friend while at work!

As of midnight tonight, life will become normal as we tuck ourselves into a very deep and deserving sleep. I might wake up with a little more glitter in my hair than any other typical night, but it will be worth it.

I think I have finally found my happy place with school. I just had to stop comparing my students to semesters of yester years. It's a transition, and I know they are completely capable of achieving great things, but I think I need to be a bit more patient and show them "the way."

So off I go to find a new Little Black Dress for tonight's dance, but I want to leave you with some of my favorite dance photos! Have a lovely Saturday!

(P.S. All images were found here).




No comments:

Post a Comment