DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

May 21, 2010

I love hydrangeas

Do you know that I love hydrangeas?





Today could have gone in a lot of different directions--but I am so happy to say that it has been one of the most refreshing days I have experienced in a while!

My students completed their English High School Assessment this morning. The low down: high schoolers in Maryland must complete 4 HSA exams in order to graduate. The contents include: English, Algebra, Government, and Biology. Pretty simple topics, but difficult to "study" for. Long story short--the English exam is 3 hours of constant reading and analyzing. For some students, this is cake, but for others, it's a predetermined failure.

Long story short--my students came to school pumped up and ready to go. I had prepared a small gift or each student (a brightly colored spiral notebook, a sharpened pencil w/a grippy thing on it, and a pack of M&Ms) and I really feel that it made all the difference. I have had such an amazing school year--my students are so thoughtful and kind. I will truly miss them next year.

Okay--so having the HSA behind me feels amazing. I can finally look face foward into summer and the wedding and feel so excited! After school, Cory wanted to go to dinner to recognize how stressful HSA preparation has been and spend some quality time. We enjoyed a cute little sushi dinner in the company of a an old friend and ended up meeting a few job prospects along the way! It just seems like today is too good to be true. I'm seeing everyone that I love and feeling so great and positive (first time I can say that in a LONG time)!

So what else is new?

I whipped up three of these necklaces:


One for Lisa for her birthday, another for my Happy Mail partner, Jamie, and one for me! Whitney has already requested a few for her shop and I am getting ready to post them on etsy tonight!

Here are some pictures from May so far to share with you:

(Cory and I in Gettysburg for lunch)

(Cory getting ready to open our very first wedding-related present! Thanks Tina!)

Here's to a fun wedding filled weekend! Tomorrow we're going to our Wedding Shower that my co-worker and friend Karla is throwing us. We are super excited and gracious that my co-workers love us as much as they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment