April 18, 2010

Sundays are made for tea, frisbee, and books.


I survived my first ultimate tournament of the season. It had been such a long time since I had watched a real game of frisbee, that I totally forgot how much fun it is to watch people play! Let's do a little re-cap of the weekend (of which I am picture-less, but that is another story...):

Cory and I left for Dewey Beach, DE right after school on Friday. We made excellent time and arrived to the AHmazing beach house the team rented by 7:30. Just a few of his teammates were at the house, so we laid low and hung out for a while until people began to file in. I met a few frisbee players from Maryland (College Park) which was fun. Our Friday consisted of us hanging out at the beach house and seeing loads of people from Salisbury (Miyagi!) plus some other cool friends.

Saturday was the first day of the tournament, and because I felt swamped from the loads of work I had to accomplish for school, I stayed off the field and planted myself on a lounge chair on the upper deck of the house. I'm going to go ahead and give myself props for this idea--because I think it was brilliant. I taught myself how to diagram sentences and read a bit of the text I had to read for my conference on Monday (Readicide by Kelly Gallagher). The sun was a perfect 70 degrees and there was a soft breeze. Saturday resulted in me getting the right amount of sun, walking around town, and waiting for the team to come back from their last game (around 4).

We had a lot of fun last night dancing at Starboard downtown and relaxing after a hard day's work.

This morning we were up bright and early. I really wanted to watch the team play, so we headed to the fields early (but got distracted and made a breakfast stop at Wawa on the way). I had a blast watching this team play together! It was a random assortment of players from multiple teams so, of course, their team name was Mish-Mash. Ultimate is so much fun to watch. The games are always so fast and exciting--and it seems like everyone is always really happy when they play.

I have to admit---I was a little jealous---seeing as how I am so incredibly uncoordinated to even attempt to play. :)

The weather wasn't as beautiful today, but it was fun to hang out with everyone on the sideline and cuddle up in blankets. Cory's team ended the tournament 4-2 and it seemed like everyone had a really great time playing.

Then came the best part (for me at least)...after we left the fields and head home... we stopped at SONIC! yum! I know many of you don't like fastfood--but ah! We do not have a Sonic within an hour of Frederick and everytime I am near one I feel compelled to stop and eat the cheeseburger that is bigger than my face. I don't know if it's the cherrylimeade or the fact that it is so ridiculously unhealthy and I only get to do it (max) twice a year. Whatever---it was glorious!

Now we're back in Frederick. I am finishing up Readicide and Cory is editing his LAST paper for his masters degree (he graduates in a mere 3 weeks)!

What did you get into this weekend? What are your plans for the last part of April?

(Can you believe it's almost over?!)

Here's to a smooth transition into Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment