DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

February 13, 2013

Getting Ready for Spring.

I can find reason to enjoy every season. I probably don't have an absolute favorite season as much as I just enjoy having seasons. I can't imagine living in a region that is warm or cold the majority of the year. I need change. I thrive for change. Seasons are good because they allow me to see how time is passing and the ever changing scenery around me. All that being said, I really enjoy winter. I enjoy nesting my home to make it more cozy. I enjoy baking and cooking more as fresh fruits and vegetables are not always available to us. I really enjoy snow. Every year, however, when the snow starts to fade away and the wind becomes a little more harsh, I am desperate for the change in seasons. We've had some unseasonably warm weather over the last 3 or 4 days (45-50 degrees) and it has been absolutely wonderful.

This weather, combined with Cory being away for a few days, has really allowed me to spend some time with myself and create a healthy routine that will lead me straight into spring. After trying to make our elliptical fit all my exercise needs and it completely not working (apparently I hate the elliptical, but Cory loves it), I joined a gym and put in a good cardio session yesterday after work. I've been finding ways to cut out bread from our meals--lettuce wraps, etc.--which also makes me feel a lot better. Taking the time to exercise and read on a regular basis really helps me feel like me. I'm struggling to fit everything I need to accomplish in a day before bedtime, but I'm trying to not let it phase me.

I was recently searching around Pintrest and found a few projects that made me giddy for spring, so I wanted to share them with you!


 These sparkle elbow patches by A Pair and A Spare are adorable and a great addition to a spring sweater.

This bedroom set up from the latest UO lookbook is incredible. I love the mix of brights and neutrals. I really want to have more plants around our home this spring. I also think I could re-create the majority of this room on a tight budget. I love a good challenge.

I recently came across the Sunday Crossbow fashion blog and am inspired and smitten all at once. Even though she hasn't blogged since August, her outfits are designed on a budget and inspire me to be more creative with what's already in my closet. I get terribly insecure when mixing patterns and she's really inspired me to try it a little more frequently!

So that's what's inspiring me today. I'm ready for longer days and the hint of warmer weather. Of course, I wouldn't be upset if we had one more big snowstorm this winter, though!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment