DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

October 14, 2012

Currently...

 (This is our favorite local winery, Black Ankle. It's an award winning winery deep in the woods of Western Maryland and only about 15 minutes from our house! If you listen to the Baltimore NPR station (WYPR), Cellar Notes always gives it rave reviews. The wine can be a little pricey, but certainly worth it every few months to treat yourself. We love the Syrah! The winery itself is gorgeous and surrounded by the most amazing view.)

Since I'm just getting back into a blog routine, I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and do one of these "lately" posts I've been seeing on some of my favorite blogs. So here goes...

Watching: A lot of post-season baseball. Unfortunately the Orioles didn't win against the Yankees in game 5, but boy was it fun to stay up late a few nights last week and keep my fingers crossed for Charm City's favorite baseball team! Since the Nationals also lost in Game 5, we're essentially cheering for anyone except the Yankees. ;)

Listening to: My go-to weekend morning album is always Harvest Moon by Neil Young. It's the perfect beat to make coffee, flip pancakes, and wake up slowly. Other than that, I've been listening to Songza a lot in the car.

Reading: I'm about half way through Jeffery Eugenides' The Marriage Plot. I'm really enjoying the characters and story line so far, but I have a feeling it's about to take a dramatic turn.This is my first Eugenides novel, but I've always really loved The Virgin Suicides movie, so I'm excited to see how it all ends.

Working on: A few new crochet accessories and a unit regarding campaign strategies used in the 2012 election. It's all I can do to squeeze in a few minutes every day to crochet. I'm determined!

Anticipating: The remaining weekends in October are looking very promising. This weekend Cory and I visited our favorite local winery, went out for sushi, and then saw Argo. Believe it or not, Tony Mendez lives about 20 minutes from us and his children go to school in our school district. Cory actually taught his son at his old school. It's a pretty small world and a truly inspirational story! A great movie--I highly recommend it! Anyway, we have shortened work weeks for the next two weeks and days chalked full of plans. It's an exciting, fun time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment