DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 18, 2011

A little late night // early morning rambling.

 

It's pretty late on Saturday night, er... early Sunday morning. I never know how to refer to the time when I haven't gone to sleep yet. Geesh..

ANYWAY! I just finished watching the Christmas episode of SNL hosted by Jimmy Fallon. I have never been a huge J. Fallon fan, but I feel like he has been turning a new leaf with me recently. His late night show has been well produced and whenever I see him hosting or staring on another show, I enjoy it. Plus, whenever he raps with Justin Timberlake it's like I instantly morph into a 13 year-old tween and automatically start giggling... I mean.. 

So it's been an up and down week on this end of the interweb. I've been trying to balance work, life, business, fun, and Christmas and it just isn't happening. I have been absolutely exhausted each night. My lack of sleep, stress eating, and fast-paced schedule has landed me in quite a funk that I'm working on. I'm hoping to find my Christmas spirit again soon, because I really hate feeling down when I know I shouldn't be complaining. 

Here's a more specific look at what I've been up to this week...

This week I:
-cut off my hair (pics later)
-made multiple pounds of hard candy with my Mom and female family members
-wrapped a lot of presents
-felt a bit of sadness, but am trying really hard to stay on top of it and keep positive
-taught a portion of a craft class at The Muse's annual holiday open house (post of that coming soon!)
-made an unexpected trip to the Emergency Vet with Flip (everything is ok... thank goodness)
-walked in the cold air and enjoyed how it felt in my lungs

In the morning I'm heading down to Virginia to get my shop on with a dear friend of mine. I'm really looking forward to 1) getting out of town for a few hours 2) shopping 3) spending time with Karla and her really adorable baby, Lily. I am in need of girl time and a few concentrated hours of last-minute Christmas shopping, so this is obviously a win-win.

How have your last few days been?

xo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment