DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

November 9, 2011

To decorate or not to decorate?

I can definitely get down with Christmas cheer this time of year--but only in my mind. I love the daydreams, the imaginary scent of cookies, the warm tidings and joy. Sure. I'm there; I'll play ball. Unfortunately, it does unsettle me a little when stores and brands go off the wall with decorating oh-so-it's-not-even-Thanksgiving-yet-early. I can support right before Thanksgiving to get ready for Black Friday... or whatever. But right after Halloween is too much for me.

When I saw this photo a friend shared on Facebook, I was so truly happy that Nordstrom decided to take a stand in the right, holiday-friendly direction!


What do you think? Are you a "I don't care what day or month it is, I'm down for Christmas" or "Hold it until December 1" person? I'm curious to see!

Alright... I'm off to teach the minds of the next generation!

xo,
Liz

p.s. did you enter the giveaway yet? don't miss it!

1 comment:

  1. love this and so happy to see that at least one retailer is doing it. i like you enjoy all the merry making that is Christmas, but seeing stuff out in the stores well before Thanksgiving is just too much!

    ReplyDelete