DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

September 19, 2011

Learning the Ropes

My name is Liz, I'm 25 yrs old, and I taught myself how to use a lighter today.

If you have been poking around on Twitter, you may have seen that I taught myself how to make potato soup, molasses cookies, and how to roast a chicken all from scratch this weekend. I know! I'm not entirely sure where this motivation is coming from, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the "experimental" stage that I'm going through right now.

I really enjoy spending time learning something new, so long as it is on my own volition. I like being in the kitchen and adding new recipes to our rotation, just like I like coming up with new crochet patterns.

Although I always understood how the mechanism worked, I never... ever... until about 25 minutes ago was able to operate a lighter. That's right. Having never been a smoker and always resourcing to matches to light candles (I think they're sophisticated, don't ask), I never took the time to operate a lighter (and it always sort of hurt my thumb.. ouch!). So that's what I'm adding to my list today... working a ligther. ha!

This fall is all about learning something new. Finding a new way to do simple tasks or a new way to do old tasks. Either way, it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment