The Best Thing(s) about Teaching Seniors in the Fall:
- They are still motivated to do well in school. Once that first spring breeze floats by, that motivation is out the window!
- They truly want to become a good writer so they are successful in college.
- As the teacher, I get to coach them when making pretty hefty decisions regarding to ACT/SAT and the college admissions process.
- My high expectations translate into: "She's treating me like an adult."
- When they turn in a paper, they have put 12 years of education into focus. Seriously. They busted their butts this week and this is what I face... (proudly)...
A huge stack of Personal Statement essays.
These will be fun because they will tell me so much about my students. Yay!