DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

January 31, 2011

Finally finished.

About a week ago, Cory and I finally bit the bullet and used our iTunes giftcards from Christmas (and my birthday) to purchase Mad Men season 4. As you know, we are both lovers of language and consider Mad Men to be the best written television drama of all time. This show is so beautifully written, I almost wish I could use clips of it to teach voice and syntax to my students. Aside from the incredible writing, I am also a lover all the vintage styling that goes on behind the scenes. I can't wait for a university to introduce a study of the 1960s via Mad Men course.

Without giving much away, my fondness for Peggy grew throughout the duration of this season. I have always appreciated her character, but I really sort of fell in love with her. I felt like she really grew throughout this season into the person Don always saw her to be. Truth be told, I do think some of my infatuation with this season is that Betty Draper plays a smaller role and for that I was very happy. Her character drives me absolutely crazy, but I do appreciate her new husband, Henry Francis, very much. I believe he is level headed, mature, and above all else, a considerate adult. He has class. Hopefully Betty can learn a thing or two from him.

To those who have finished season 4, the last episode made me almost pull my hair out concerning Don's final decision. I'm still not sure if I agree with it, but I have to say, it proved my theory of blondes vs. brunettes! All his mistresses he may have truly loved have been brunette and the women he never took seriously, but "tried" to date, were blondes. I feel as if I could quite honestly write a pyschological analysis of his character and the insight of feminine stereotypes pertaining to hair color per the 1960s because of this show. I mean seriously! We finished watching season 4 late last night (that's right... night-long Mad Men marathon), so I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite season 4 snapshots. These photos are so iconic and beautiful it's hard to believe they're from a film and not from a photo shoot.

Behold the beauty...

Mad Men Season 4 Episode Photos

Mad Men Season 4 Episode Photos

Mad Men Season 4 Episode Photos

Mad Men Season 4 Episode Photos

Mad Men Season 4 Episode Photos

 Mad Men Season 4 Episode Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment