DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

December 18, 2010

1 week until Christmas & Stitches for Charity

5271153906_a9fac8b42b_z_large

Good morning everyone!
I hope you're well rested on this Saturday morning. I am. I selfishly slept in until 10 a.m. out of principal. Things have been busy in this part of the world, but productive all at the same time.

With the help of Cory's extended family and my parents, I am adopting a family from my school who just lost their home (and everything they own) in a house fire a few weekends ago. I taught one of the children in the family last year, so they have a special place in my heart. It has taken a little coordination and some browsing of sale ads, but we were able to find a way to supply a nice "Christmas morning" to each of the four children with new toys and loads of clothing, and the basic homegoods for their new home. Last night we finished up a majority of the shopping with Mom & Gene and I was up pretty late wrapping up all the presents from Santa. I feel very fortunate to be able to help out this family (and anyone else in general). This time of year, I really like to focus on those in need, which brings me to my next idea.

Stitches for Charity

In 2011 I want to try to make a blanket a month. This blanket would go to a needy family, homeless shelter, or just someone who is in need. I have a few ideas as to how we can do this, so I would like to hear your thoughts:

1. we can individually make our blankets, donate them, and do a little blog-post each month about where we donated them.

2. we could do a HUGE Granny Square swap and each put together our granny squares to make beautiful, colorful, blankets for those in need. Then donate them and blog about it.

Those are my two ideas, what are yours? I would like to get this up and running by the new year--so leave your ideas in the comments and we'll go from there!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to do either of these ideas.
    Email me at lezdawg110@gmail.com when you decide which you're going to do and I will join you :]

    ReplyDelete