DONNA'S DECEMBERSHOMEABOUTMESHOPCROCHET READSSTYLE BLOGSCURRENTLY READINGCONTACT

October 16, 2010

A Solitary Saturday


This morning I was driving around town to complete my typical Saturday morning errands. As I was beep-boppin' around town, I was listenin to NPR and The Judd's were on the morning show. That's right, Naomi and Wynonna Judd. I'm not a big country music fan, but I do appreciate acts that have been around for a long time. Anyway, the Judds were speaking of when they use to live on a mountain top in Ashland, Kentucky and how Wynonna picked up the guitar to abate the daily boredom she encountered from being raised with no telephone and no television. After this quick conversation, Naomi jumped in and said the most beautiful quote.

"Solitude is creativity's soulmate. The purest creativity comes from the richest experience of solitude. We simply do not spend enough time with ourselves."

I love it. I actually immediately wrote this quote down, as I so furvently agree with it.

So today, on this lovely autumn Saturday (we have finally hit season temperatures in Maryland, after being in the 80s earlier this week...), I plan on creating in solitude. Cory is out of town at Rich's house for a Homecoming football game at the local university and I am happy to have the house and cats to myself. I plan on watching all those girly movies that I ignore when Cory is around cooking a lovely dinner for one.

Sometimes you just need a little time inside your mind.

Here's to you and your Saturday :)

P.S. I'm not finished with the DIYs I promised you earlier this week! There are so many more coming your way! Check back later tonight and tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment